Who we are
Our website address is: https://levinpllc.com/
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Levin & Associates, PLLC and its affiliates (collectively, “Levin & Associates, PLLC” “our,” “us,” or “we”) operate websites and provide products and services through mobile and other applications. We refer to these as “site(s),” “service(s),” or “our sites and services.”
Data Controller and Contracting Parties
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), the Data Controller is Levin & Associates, PLLC, registered in the State of New York, United States of America.
You can contact our Data Protection Officer by sending an email to email@example.com.
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our sites and services, depending on the site or service, we may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Account or Registration Information, where needed to use our sites and services, and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, birthday, user account name, and password;
- Contact Information, which generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, and/or telephone numbers;
- Attorney Information, which may include your firm name, address, telephone number, state where you are licensed and bar number. In the course of your use of the site, we may also request additional information from you. For example, if you are an attorney or other professional services provider, you will be asked to describe your areas of practice, experience, and education.
- Payment Information, where needed to process payments and generally includes your credit or debit card number, expiration date, card verification number and automobile insurance information;
- Transaction Information, which may include information about how you interact with and use our sites and services, email, other communications, and applications, and how you interact with merchants, business partners, and service providers;
- Geographic Location Information, but only if your device transmits location data and/or your IP address and you have activated a location-enabled site or service;
- Survey Data, where needed for the functionality of certain services and generally includes survey questions and responses, and may allow you to import email addresses and names in order to send surveys or to allow us to send surveys on your behalf;
- Access to Your Data, but only if you use certain services, interactive tools, or authorize us to retrieve information from another database, user, or other third party on your behalf, such as integrating a practice management system with your services;
- Your Submissions, which generally includes information you voluntarily provide through free form text boxes, document upload, or data retrieval or import;
In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it to us.
Other Information We Automatically Collect through Cookies and Other Technologies
We or our third-party service providers may collect and store certain technical information when you use our sites and services. For example, our servers receive and automatically collect information about your computer and browser, including, for instance, your IP address, browser type, domain name from which you accessed the site or service, device size and other software or hardware information. If you access our sites and services from a mobile or other device, we may collect a unique device identifier assigned to that device (UDID), type of device, general GPS location, or other transactional information for that device in order to serve content to it and to improve your experience in using the sites or services.
In addition, we or our third-party service providers may collect information about how you use of our sites, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the sites, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language, and other click-stream data.
Do Not Track
You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, Aperture, PrivacyChoice, and/or Digital Advertising Alliance.
We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals. Accordingly, your navigation on our sites and services may be tracked as part of our efforts to gather user information described above. If you arrive at our sites and services by way of a link from a third-party site that does respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals, such “Do Not Track” browser signal recognition will end as soon as you reach our sites and services.
Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal information, including sharing it with third parties, where we have a legal basis for such collection and processing. We rely on a number of legal bases, including:
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our sites and services;
- our legitimate interests in keeping our sites and services safe and secure;
- our third party service providers’ legitimate interests as described in “Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies” above;
- your consent to the processing of your personal information, which you can revoke at any time;
- where the processing of personal information is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party to;
- where the processing of your personal information is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, such as other users of our sites and services;
- where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
How We Use Personal Information
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
We may use the personal information that you provide in one or more of the following ways:
- to enable site features such as geographically specific pricing or logging, and retrieving and providing analysis of data;
- to send you important notices, such as communications about changes to your account, and our sites’ and services’ terms, conditions, or policies;
- to solicit input and feedback to improve our sites and services and customize your user experience;
- to enable you to communicate with other site or service users via private messaging or other service specific communication channels;
- to contact you via email, telephone, text or chat in a manner required by law;
- to meet contractual obligations;
- to send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts, support and administrative messages, and service bulletins;
- to inform you about new products or promotional offers, or other opportunities which we feel will be of interest to you, and to provide advertisements to you through our sites, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- to manage our sites’ and services’ administration, forum management, or fulfillment;
- to provide customer service and technical support;
- to administer surveys, sweepstakes, giveaways, contests, or similar promotions or events sponsored by us or our partners;
- for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve our products, services, and communications;
- to help you contact or schedule an appointment with a legal professional listed in one of our directories;
- to perform services in conjunction with interactive tools, such as integrating practice management systems or making a referral; and
- to run (or authorize third parties to run) statistical research on individual or aggregate trends.
In addition to the uses described above, we may use personal information that we collect for other purposes that are disclosed to you at the time we collect the information, or with your consent.
Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies
We may use information collected from you through cookies and other tracking technologies in one or more of the following ways:
- to remember you when you return to our sites,
- to understand and analyze trends, to monitor usage, and learn about user behavior;
- to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole;
- to customize ads, content, or offers on our sites and services; and
- to conduct market research and measurement in order to improve our sites, content, and services and to make our sites, content, and services more useful for users.
Sharing Personal and Non-Personal Information
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- when we engage third parties to perform services on our behalf, such services include maintenance, hosting, data storage, security, analytics and data analysis, payment processing, marketing, email and text message distribution, customer service, and surveys and sweepstakes;
- when you communicate with us by email, submit an online form through our sites and services, request a quote or information, purchase a product or service, or otherwise submit a request through our sites and services, the personal information you provide may be shared with third parties to process or respond to your request, provide you with the products or services you requested, or complete a transaction online.
- when you schedule an appointment with a legal professional, we may share your contact data, insurance data, and medical data with such legal professional;
- where necessary to operate our sites and services, your personal information and the contents of all of your online communications on or through our sites and services may be accessed and monitored:
- to satisfy any applicable laws or regulations,
- to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action,
- when we have a good faith belief that we are required to disclose the information in response to legal process (for example, a subpoena, court order, or search warrant),
- where we believe our sites and services are being used in the commission of a crime, including to report such criminal activity or to exchange information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and risk management, and
- when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the health and/or safety of you, another person, or the public generally;
- in the event of a merger, acquisition, debt financing, restructure, sale of Levin & Associates, PLLC’s assets by or with another company, or a similar corporate transaction, we may need to disclose and transfer all information about you, including personal information, to the successor company;
- we may share information about you with Levin & Associates, PLLC’s subsidiaries and affiliates and companies acquired by or merged with Levin & Associates, PLLC and its affiliates, including without limitation, to enable such acquired or merged companies to advertise to you products and services in which you may be interested.
We may share personal information about you for any other purpose(s) disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or with your consent.
Any opt-out requests related to a third party’s products or services must be submitted to directly to the third party providing the products or services.
Please be aware that certain records and information will be retained for specific purposes such as legal, payment, accounting, technical, dispute resolution, enforcement of our sites’ and services, or customer service.
Storing Personal Information
We retain your personal information while your account is active or as needed to provide you services. Additionally, we may retain personal information even after your account has been closed if retention is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or any other contract entered into between you and us, or if it is not technically feasible to delete your personal information.
Email and Other Communications
Our sites and services may allow us or other users to communicate with you or other users through our in-product instant messaging services, service-branded emails, SMS, and other electronic communication channels.
We may make available text messaging services in which you can receive messages from us and send messages to us on your mobile phone. We may send you communication by SMS texts via an automated telephone dialing system.
Opting Out of Requested Communications
Requested communications include, for instance, email newsletters and software updates that may be expressly requested by you or which you consented to receive either by contracting with a law firm or in submission of request for information. After you request such communications, you may “opt-out” of receiving them by using one of the following methods:
- selecting the email “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link, or following the opt-out instructions included in each email communication;
- returning to the web page(s) where you originally registered your preferences and following the opt-out instructions;
- by replying to SMS text messages with STOP as detailed as option in text messaging sent;
Opting Out of Transactional or Relationship Communications
Communications that are sent by or on behalf of a user are indicated as being from that user. Communications that are sent by us are indicated as being from us or one of our account or support specialists. Either type of communication may be “real time” communications or communications triggered automatically upon the occurrence of certain events or dates, such as appointment reminders. Email communications received from users and our administrative announcements are often transactional or relationship messages, such as appointment requests, reminders, and cancellations. You may not be able to opt-out of receiving certain email messages, although our services may provide a means to modify the frequency of receiving them.
Opting Out of General or Promotional Communications
General communications provide information about products, services, and/or support and may include special offers, new product information, or invitations to participate in market research. You may opt-out of receiving these general communications by using one of the following methods:
- selecting the email “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” link, or following the opt-out instructions included in each email communication;
- by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s and Minor’s Privacy
Children under the age of 18 are not permitted to use our sites and services. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 18 or utilize plug-ins or ad networks that collect personal information through child-directed third-party websites or online services. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 18, we will take steps to promptly delete such information.
Our sites and services generally require users to be at least 18 years of age. Unless our sites and services contain the “Privacy Rights for California Minors in the Digital World” supplemental terms, our sites and services do not collect age from users under 18. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, our services may allow users above the age of 18 (such as healthcare providers, parents, and guardians) to submit personal information of minors. Such users assume full responsibility over their submission, use, and transmission of such information.
We are headquartered in the United States. Our sites and services are hosted and administrated in the United States or hosted with cloud service providers who are headquartered in the United States and are intended for users in the United States. If you are located outside the United States, be aware that information you provide to us or that we obtain as a result of your use of our sites and services may be processed in, transferred to, and stored in the United States and will be subject to United States law. The privacy and data protection laws of the United States may be different from the laws of your country of residence.
By using our sites and services or providing us with your information, you consent to the transfer of your information to the United States for processing and storage.
California Privacy Rights
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA ONLY. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your personal information with third parties. If you reside in California and you have provided us with your personal information, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of your personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com
FOR RESIDENTS OF CALIFORNIA UNDER THE AGE OF 18. In accordance with Section 22581 of the California Business and Professions Code, you may request and obtain the removal of content or information you have publicly posted. To make such a request, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line. Please specify the site(s) or service(s) to which your removal request relates, including any URLs where the content or information is posted, and the specific content or information you posted for which you are requesting removal. Please be aware that such a request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information you have posted and that there may be circumstances in which the law does not require or allow removal even if requested.